Parks and Recreation
Mission Statement: It is our mission at Pineville Parks & Recreation to provide diverse year-round leisure opportunities through the preservation of open space, park settings, recreational facilities and programs for the citizens of Pineville. The benefits of our leisure activities are designed to meet the physical, mental, cultural, and social needs of our residents and visitors to our community, while enhancing the overall quality of life in Pineville.
The department strives to develop and maintain safe and attractive park and recreation area. In a joint venture with other town departments, area agencies, sponsors and organizations we are able to meet the leisure needs of residents in the most cost-effective manner.
Our goal is to support the needs of the community through special events as well as traditional recreational programs and opportunities. We offer a wide range of programs to Pineville residents and the surrounding community. Programs offered range from cheerleading, self defense, volleyball, day trips, theatre, adult softball and basketball, summer camp, Rockin’ & Reelin’, and our annual Fall Festival. For more information contact the Park & Recreation office located in the Belle Johnston Community Center, 1000 Johnston Dr., Pineville, N.C. 28134. Phone: (704) 889-2400, Fax: (704) 889-2413.
PINEVILLE PARKS AND RECREATION 2014 COMPREHENSIVE MASTER PLAN
click link below to view
2013 Pineville Parks and Recreation Needs Assessment
click link below to view
PINEVILLE COMMUNITY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
Online registration continues as the season start draws closer. Please register early! Please forward this to your friends and family to remind them as well. Baseball is a great social and community building activity for children and families.
PCAA’s first in-person registration will be next Saturday (January 31st) at Dick’s Sporting Goods in Pineville.
Visit www.pcaasports.org for more information and a discount coupon for PCAA Members at any time during the year. In addition, March 7th is PCAA’s discount day at Dick’s Sporting Goods, when our members can save 20% off nearly everything.
This Weeks Open Gym Hours
Pineville Fall Fest Childrens Art Show and Pie Contest Winner
Children’s Art Show Winners
Best of Show – Madison Dahl – South Charlotte Middle
K – 2nd Grade
1st Place – Luis Antonio – Pineville Elem.
2nd Place – Claire Roney – British International School
3rd Place – Ricardo Azua Roque – Nations Ford Elem.
3rd – 5th Grade
1st Place – Evan Anderson – Covenant Day
2nd Place – Julianna Altonji – British International School
3rd Place – Lulu Gorelick – British International School
6th – 8th Grade
1st Place – Eli Kibler – Covenant Day
2nd Place – Natalya Drapievskaya – South Charlotte Middle
3rd Place – Anna Scott McClintock – Covenant Day
9th – 12th Grade
1st Place – Dana Donkle – Ardrey Kell High
2nd Place – Audrey Wright – Providence High
3rd Place – Nick Mcleod – Weddington High
Fredy Umana Romero – Nations Ford Elem.
Dakota Williams – Pineville Elem.
Nicole Petrovsky – Weddington High
Bonnie McGaha – South Charlotte Middle
Madison Dahl – South Charlotte Middle
Helen Li – Weddington High
Sarah Airing – Covenant Day
Julia Hunkler – Covenant Day
Qi Ren – Ardrey Kell High
Michael Bose – Covenant Day
Pie Eating Contest Winners
5-12 age group – Gabrielle Garcia
13 & up age group – Patrick All
Pie Baking Contest Winners
1st Place – Faith Steele
2nd Place – Louise Ketcham
3rd Place – Miriam Grigg
Pineville Parks and Recreation Disciplinary Guidelines
***effective July 1, 2013***
Level 1 (30 Days or less)
• Use of profanity at any Pineville Parks and Recreation facility or event.
· Use of lewd, profane or obscene gestures towards any person(s) at any Pineville Parks and Recreation facility or event.
· Refusal to leave a Pineville Parks and Recreation facility or event after being asked to by staff member or an official.
· Disrespect of supervisor, staff and/or officials.
· Gaining admission to Community Center using someone else’s card. (1st Offense)
Level 2 (30 – 180 Days)
· Use of profanity at any Pineville Parks and Recreation facility or event. (2nd Offense)
· Use of lewd, profane or obscene gestures towards any person(s) at any Pineville Parks and Recreation
facility or event. (2nd Offense)
· Disrespect of supervisor, staff, and/or officials. (2nd Offense)
· Gaining admission to Community Center using someone else’s card. (2st Offense)
· Fighting (no physical harm caused)
Level 3 (180 Days – 2 years)
· Refusal to leave a Pineville Parks and Recreation facility or event after being asked to be an official or a staff member.
· Possession of or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
· Use of profanity at any Pineville Parks and Recreation Department or event. (3rd Offense)
· Use of lewd, profane or obscene gestures towards and person(s) at any Pineville Parks and Recreation Department
facility or event. (3rd Offense)
· Disrespect of supervisor, staff, and/or officials. (3rd Offense)
· Fighting (mild physical harm)
· Threatening any Pineville Parks and Recreation Staff. (1st Offense)
Level 4 (2 years – permanent)
· Possession of firearms. (Permanent)
· Threatening any Pineville Parks and Recreation Staff. (2nd Offense)
· Under the influence of alcohol or drugs (minimum 2 yrs.)
· Possession of illegal drugs (minimum 2 yrs.)
· Vandalism of Facility or Equipment (2 yrs.)
· Fighting (extreme violence) (minimum 2 yrs.)
· Disrespect of supervisor, staff, and/or officials. (4th Offense – permanent)
**** If at any time during a suspension an individual is caught in direct violation their time starts over from the date of their violation.
Parks and Recreation Director
Programs and Events Coordinator
Dennis Buckley – Interim